JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see the posts in this forum. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see the posts, images and links please enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News :  AXN HD launch on 6 April 2015
Tuesday 24-March-2015, 17:32,
RE: AXN HD launch on 6 April 2015
(Tuesday 24-March-2015, 17:27)aumnamonarayana Wrote: UHD is just a bubble, neither DTH ops can afford carrying UHD channels as it requires lo of bandwidth and there is a shortage o it now running a UHD channels is profitable for any broadcaster. NOT EVEN .00000000001 % people have UHD TV and those with UHD STB are even less .

AXN HD is a good launch and Sony has all reasons to be proud. UHD will gain traction only after 2 or more years that too with handful premium channels

correct said bro.
uhd is just for rich & high lifestyle peoples.
we (80% common people) have very less money so we can't afford that.
Add Thank You Reply
[-]
Tuesday 24-March-2015, 17:32,
i really like any HD format if they telecast differant programs than SD at the same time. if both are having same contents all time then no need of them. yes may be more sharper pictures and more good sound but for me it's not a valuable channel.
Although i am not watching AXN but many want them. so let it go ahead.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dayag for this post:
amatan
Tuesday 24-March-2015, 17:36,
(Tuesday 24-March-2015, 17:32)dayag Wrote: i really like any HD format if they telecast differant programs than SD at the same time. if both are having same contents all time then no need of them. yes may be more sharper pictures and more good sound but for me it's not a valuable channel.
Although i am not watching AXN but many want them. so let it go ahead.

agree bro.
but, we common people can't afford HD until they reduce prices.
Add Thank You Reply
Tuesday 24-March-2015, 17:41,
Dayag bro what i want is packages from DTH/MSO where they offer only HD channels whose SD counterpart is avilable to HD customers so that we pay less but i know i am wrong bcoz if this happens then we will pay more as currently HD channels prices are subsidized bcoz broadcasters earn something from SD and some from HD so it gets balanced. This is the reason why one gets so many HD channels by just paying HD Access Fees
Add Thank You Reply
Tuesday 24-March-2015, 17:50,
(Tuesday 24-March-2015, 17:41)aumnamonarayana Wrote: Dayag bro what i want is packages from DTH/MSO where they offer only HD channels whose SD counterpart is avilable to HD customers so that we pay less but i know i am wrong bcoz if this happens then we will pay more as currently HD channels prices are subsidized bcoz broadcasters earn something from SD and some from HD so it gets balanced. This is the reason why one gets so many HD channels by just paying HD Access Fees

I really dont like HDAF. for me it's horrible method to loot us. I always hate those restrictions/mandatory for HD users like Dish TV had it earlier .
Add Thank You Reply
Tuesday 24-March-2015, 18:03,
HD channels can he down converted to SD when up linking by DTH operators. Like Epic. Also it is possible to down convert in the decoders which are given to cable operators. So there is no reason to continue with SD transmission. They are simply cheating people with two feeds of the same channel and looting.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to amatan for this post:
dayag
Tuesday 24-March-2015, 18:05,
(Tuesday 24-March-2015, 18:03)Amatan Wrote: HD channels can he down converted to SD when up linking by DTH operators. Like Epic. Also it is possible to down convert in the decoders which are given to cable operators. So there is no reason to continue with SD transmission. They are simply cheating people with two feeds of the same channel and looting.

then why Dishtv or any DTH not downscaled Star world premiere HD into SD for all subscribers?
Add Thank You Reply
Tuesday 24-March-2015, 18:06,
It is Premiere channel so not in SD may be.
Add Thank You Reply
Tuesday 24-March-2015, 18:10,
(Tuesday 24-March-2015, 18:06)Amatan Wrote: It is Premiere channel so not in SD may be.

but if dishtv can upscale zee cafe into HD, then why not downscale?
I think, they should upscale all SD channels in HD & HD channels in SD too.
Add Thank You Reply
Tuesday 24-March-2015, 18:20,
Upscale is waste of bandwidth. They already were doing that but now then are having more Asli HD.
Add Thank You Reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Possibly Related Threads...
ThreadAuthorRepliesViewsLast Post
  Antrix earned Rs 230 crore during 2015-16 through commercial launch services Sandesha 0 39 Thursday 28-July-2016, 08:35
Last Post: Sandesha
  Antrix earned Rs 230 crore during 2015-16 through commercial launch services Sandesha 0 59 Wednesday 27-July-2016, 20:51
Last Post: Sandesha