JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see the posts in this forum. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see the posts, images and links please enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cable TV Rules and Regulations as of 28 April, 2012 issued by Ministry of I&B
Saturday 19-May-2012, 11:06,

Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to vinay_kumar for this post:
amatan, kumaran, MJ786
Saturday 19-May-2012, 11:43,
RE: Cable TV Rules and Regulations as of 28 April, 2012 issued by Ministry of I&B
So they will give atleast 500 channels in Chennai from July 1st?
Add Thank You Reply
Saturday 19-May-2012, 12:07,
RE: Cable TV Rules and Regulations as of 28 April, 2012 issued by Ministry of I&B
(Saturday 19-May-2012, 11:43)amatan Wrote: So they will give atleast 500 channels in Chennai from July 1st?

My MSO in Mumbai (Hathway Cable & Datacomm Ltd) right now provides 220 TV channels + Radio. After June 30, 2012 they are trying to provide maximum upto 300 channels.

Increasing channel count till 500 is a big task involving money and efforts. The decision opposing by smaller cable operators is still on with the Ministry of I&B to get the number of channels reduced to the numbers provided by DTH operators.

Only time can tell what will happen post June 30, 2012. Eagerly awaiting the complete digitization.

Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to vinay_kumar for this post:
kumaran
Saturday 19-May-2012, 14:38,
I heard from one of my friend that JAK Cable TV service going to provide 400 channels in Chennai. Has any member have any information about it.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to kumaran for this post:
vinay_kumar
Saturday 19-May-2012, 14:45,
(Saturday 19-May-2012, 14:38)kumaran Wrote: I heard from one of my friend that JAK Cable TV service going to provide 400 channels in Chennai. Has any member have any information about it.

Yes JAK and Sumangali Cable Vision (SCV) have good political muscles and money. They can easily provide 400 or more channels.

The only people left out are small-time operators who are asked to upgrade to costly equipments in such a short time.

Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to vinay_kumar for this post:
kumaran, MJ786
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Possibly Related Threads...
ThreadAuthorRepliesViewsLast Post
  Tariff Order and Interconnection Regulations for Digital Addressable Cable TV Viki 0 738 Tuesday 01-May-2012, 09:34
Last Post: Viki