JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see the posts in this forum. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see the posts, images and links please enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Arasu really wants to serve Chennai??
Wednesday 26-December-2012, 18:52,
Does Arasu really wants to serve Chennai??
SCV ready to go digital any time and seems to have enough STB. But Arasu still wants 18 weeks to supply STB and still doesnt have DAS licence. Does Arasu really want to serve public or just running a Drama to cheat the people??

If Arasu cant go digital then why cant they atleast connect to all people and then contest Court and say that if they stop Analogue then people will be denied of Cable service and buy time and start supplying STB when available??

Also they can raise the cost from Rs 70 to Rs 100 and Pay channels to Rs 150 and use the rest of money to get loans and give STB for free??
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to pearlpearl for this post:
amatan, dinee
Wednesday 26-December-2012, 21:34,
RE: Does Arasu really wants to serve Chennai??
Yesterday my local cable operator called me. He said they are going to start their own MSO under Shakilan and the stb cost is Rs.1600 and for monthly Rs.100 we will get 300 channels. That stb also has USB with recording facility. I haven't seen those stbs myself just posting what he told.

He wanted me to pay Rs.1600 now itself.

If this is what cable operators in Chennai doing then Arasu cable won't start at all.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to amatan for this post:
pearlpearl
Wednesday 26-December-2012, 22:38,
(Wednesday 26-December-2012, 21:34)Amatan Wrote: Yesterday my local cable operator called me. He said they are going to start their own MSO under Shakilan and the stb cost is Rs.1600 and for monthly Rs.100 we will get 300 channels. That stb also has USB with recording facility. I haven't seen those stbs myself just posting what he told.

He wanted me to pay Rs.1600 now itself.

If this is what cable operators in Chennai doing then Arasu cable won't start at all.

Sounds Good, it would be really good if we have an MSO without political influence and without own TV channels, so we can have all types of news both during election times and also at all times. Every business should be neutral cause we pay for it and we deserve to choose what we watch.
Add Thank You Reply
Thursday 27-December-2012, 09:23,
That Sahkilan don't have good back ground. Problem is how to believe these fellows? My doubt is Sahkilan might be benami. I asked about the fate of SCV stbs and they are telling it is no use now and what ever we spent on it will be waste. If they were honest they would have allowed us to use SCV stb atleast for 300 free to air channel which they claim to give for Rs.100.

Instead they are forcing to buy their own stb which creates doubts.
Add Thank You Reply
Thursday 27-December-2012, 09:53,
(Thursday 27-December-2012, 09:23)Amatan Wrote: That Sahkilan don't have good back ground. Problem is how to believe these fellows? My doubt is Sahkilan might be benami. I asked about the fate of SCV stbs and they are telling it is no use now and what ever we spent on it will be waste. If they were honest they would have allowed us to use SCV stb atleast for 300 free to air channel which they claim to give for Rs.100.

Instead they are forcing to buy their own stb which creates doubts.

Well, all these MSO have their own STB so they dont allow us to use the others STB.

You are right, they should allow us to purchase the STB from the market so we can switch to any MSO as we wish, but these people treat the public like slaves and wants to force their service on us.

If Arasu really wanted to serve chennai then they could have used the CAS licence and could have connected to all homes and then fight for more time for DAS, see now all MSO in chennai are Analogue and even if SCV wants they cant make DAS 100%, still a lot of people would be left without STB and many who dont want to go with SCV, then no way a 100%. So why cant Arasu try the same??

It looks like we have to first go for SCV STB, pay Rs 999 and once Arasu comes with a DAS licence then move to Arasu, looks like a fate of chennai cause of some people without a backbone.

I think if DTH lowers their price then people may move to them and show their disapproval to these mindless and selfish MSO's.
Add Thank You Reply
Thursday 27-December-2012, 14:59,
Arasu Cable is making politics out of this. The real sufferers are the LCO's many people will migrate to DTH because of this confusions.
Add Thank You Reply
Thursday 27-December-2012, 15:07,
Sahkilan, is supporter of ADMK , how come he starts MSO against Arasu Cable?!
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Viki for this post:
amatan
Thursday 27-December-2012, 17:08,
people of Chennai should switch to DTH.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to tsrocks for this post:
amatan
Thursday 27-December-2012, 18:18,
(Thursday 27-December-2012, 14:59)Viki Wrote: Arasu Cable is making politics out of this. The real sufferers are the LCO's many people will migrate to DTH because of this confusions.

Yes. Had real service was in their mind then they would have started with the CAS licence and that too right before DAS was introduced. They seem to have wantedly made the announcement in the last moment before the deadline and this forced several small MSO's to hold their process and pave way for SCV. Now the real benefitter is SCV and the real loosers are LCO's and the public..

(Thursday 27-December-2012, 17:08)tsrocks Wrote: people of Chennai should switch to DTH.

Yes, DTH seems neutral and trouble free. But their charges sounds bit high, i cant spend more than Rs 200 for all tamil, english & sports channels, hope they bring the cost down so more people like me can migrate. Initial payment wont be an issue.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to pearlpearl for this post:
amatan, dinee
Friday 28-December-2012, 10:35,
(Thursday 27-December-2012, 14:59)Viki Wrote: Arasu Cable is making politics out of this. The real sufferers are the LCO's many people will migrate to DTH because of this confusions.

LCOs are local rowdies. It will be good for the society if they close down. Hardly I have ever seen a non rowdy cable operator.
Add Thank You Reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Possibly Related Threads...
ThreadAuthorRepliesViewsLast Post
  News: Puthiya Thalaimurai and Kalignar Seithigal not coming on Arasu Cable in Chennai amatan 3 1,148 Saturday 25-October-2014, 07:29
Last Post: amatan
  Can TRAI really stop Arasu?? What is the fate of Chennai cable?? pearlpearl 1 1,236 Monday 31-December-2012, 16:25
Last Post: pearlpearl
  Breaking News: Arasu cable reached south Chennai people 3 1,637 Thursday 08-November-2012, 18:55
Last Post: dinee
  News: Arasu cable now in Chennai also M.arul 3 4,812 Monday 22-October-2012, 11:40
Last Post: Viki
  Tamil Nadu's Arasu cable TV mulls Chennai operations Viki 0 1,244 Wednesday 23-November-2011, 10:58
Last Post: Viki