JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see the posts in this forum. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see the posts, images and links please enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Arasu really wants to serve Chennai??
Friday 28-December-2012, 10:37,
RE: Does Arasu really wants to serve Chennai??
(Thursday 27-December-2012, 15:07)Viki Wrote: Sahkilan, is supporter of ADMK , how come he starts MSO against Arasu Cable?!

I think he might be benami. My cable operator said he started it with an investment of 60 crores and has rented two big buildings.
Add Thank You Reply
[-]
Friday 28-December-2012, 10:41,
(Thursday 27-December-2012, 18:18)pearlpearl Wrote:
(Thursday 27-December-2012, 14:59)Viki Wrote: Arasu Cable is making politics out of this. The real sufferers are the LCO's many people will migrate to DTH because of this confusions.

Yes. Had real service was in their mind then they would have started with the CAS licence and that too right before DAS was introduced. They seem to have wantedly made the announcement in the last moment before the deadline and this forced several small MSO's to hold their process and pave way for SCV. Now the real benefitter is SCV and the real loosers are LCO's and the public..

(Thursday 27-December-2012, 17:08)tsrocks Wrote: people of Chennai should switch to DTH.

Yes, DTH seems neutral and trouble free. But their charges sounds bit high, i cant spend more than Rs 200 for all tamil, english & sports channels, hope they bring the cost down so more people like me can migrate. Initial payment wont be an issue.

I am not able to under stand what stops these DTH people to give at Rs.100 atleast in Tamil Nadu. Won't that invite people to go for dth? If those sports channels are shown to more people it will fetch more revenues in ads due to TRP.

I also agree we cannot afford to spend so much on dth when there is alternative such as cable tv where many LCOs give those sports channels when it is needed and all was coming for Rs.100.
Add Thank You Reply
Friday 28-December-2012, 11:12,
(Friday 28-December-2012, 10:41)Amatan Wrote: I am not able to under stand what stops these DTH people to give at Rs.100 atleast in Tamil Nadu. Won't that invite people to go for dth? If those sports channels are shown to more people it will fetch more revenues in ads due to TRP.

I also agree we cannot afford to spend so much on dth when there is alternative such as cable tv where many LCOs give those sports channels when it is needed and all was coming for Rs.100.

Yes, same here. This is the right time for the DTH to capture chennai. If they can give all free channels at 100 and all tamil, sports and english channels at Rs 150 then they can easily get all the subscribers easily. Will they ever do it??
Add Thank You Reply
Friday 28-December-2012, 15:02,
(Friday 28-December-2012, 10:37)Amatan Wrote: I think he might be benami. My cable operator said he started it with an investment of 60 crores and has rented two big buildings.

60 Crores?! That is a massive amount...
Add Thank You Reply
Friday 28-December-2012, 20:39,
Cable operator says so.
Add Thank You Reply
Friday 28-December-2012, 21:37,
Trai against allowing govt or govt entities in broadcasting and distribution

Source
(28 December 2012 6:00 pm)

So it is almost final now , no DAS license to Arasu.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headline...dec273.php
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Viki for this post:
amatan, pearlpearl, S.Raman
Saturday 29-December-2012, 07:30,
(Friday 28-December-2012, 21:37)Viki Wrote: Trai against allowing govt or govt entities in broadcasting and distribution

Source
(28 December 2012 6:00 pm)

So it is almost final now , no DAS license to Arasu.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headline...dec273.php

Well said. I like Arasu only cause they can offer a good package at affordable cost, and also an alternate to the SCV's monopoly. But even Arasu can become tomorrows SCV and a monoploy and sing the tunes of the political party in power.

People will sure support if they get a true MSO with no channels under them and those who give a neutral and good affordable package.

TRAI has well said " there could be "a temptation to use the media wrongly in party interest and not necessarily in national interest"." ... Yes, the chances are high....
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to pearlpearl for this post:
amatan
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Possibly Related Threads...
ThreadAuthorRepliesViewsLast Post
  News: Puthiya Thalaimurai and Kalignar Seithigal not coming on Arasu Cable in Chennai amatan 3 1,148 Saturday 25-October-2014, 07:29
Last Post: amatan
  Can TRAI really stop Arasu?? What is the fate of Chennai cable?? pearlpearl 1 1,236 Monday 31-December-2012, 16:25
Last Post: pearlpearl
  Breaking News: Arasu cable reached south Chennai people 3 1,638 Thursday 08-November-2012, 18:55
Last Post: dinee
  News: Arasu cable now in Chennai also M.arul 3 4,812 Monday 22-October-2012, 11:40
Last Post: Viki
  Tamil Nadu's Arasu cable TV mulls Chennai operations Viki 0 1,244 Wednesday 23-November-2011, 10:58
Last Post: Viki