JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see the posts in this forum. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see the posts, images and links please enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News :  EUTELSAT 9B in Coimbatore, South India on 6 feet dish
Thursday 17-March-2016, 13:23,
EUTELSAT 9B in Coimbatore, South India on 6 feet dish
Sharaf from Coimbatore has got the newly launched satellite EUTELSAT 9B which has been located at 9 degrees East, in Coimbatore on a 6 feet dish. He has got all tps except 4 tps on wide beam. 

Link to his blog post: http://sharafscs.blogspot.in

Video of the receiving Eutelsat 9B in Coimbatore, South India

I hope this satellite signal remains same or gets stronger and people in south India also able to get this satellite on 6 feet dish itself instead of 12 ft dish which was needed with the earlier satellite. Hope to see MJ or Kumarbhai or some one in South India getting this satellite.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to LNB15K for this post:
amatan, anilsk01, GOPALAKRISHNAN9, MJ786, Mr.Kumarbhai, S.Raman
Thursday 17-March-2016, 13:30,
RE: EUTELSAT 9B in Coimbatore, South India on 6 feet dish
Welcome back. Long since we saw you. Good information.
Thanks to everyone and wish you all the best.
Add Thank You Reply
Thursday 17-March-2016, 14:21,
welcome back bro...
Regarding i am tracking this sat is not possible ... my location is surrounded by Hills .. About 25 years back i tracked Arabsat @ 25° E but got only few frequencies .. that was in 8ft stamped metal SHARC STAR Dish .. beyond that direction i am not getting any signals...
Add Thank You Reply
Thursday 17-March-2016, 17:38,
hope the satellite finds my Dish Smile

Nice to see Sharaf back to his tracking and you back to forums
Add Thank You Reply
Friday 18-March-2016, 11:10,
@Kumarbhai, Satellites are much stronger than earlier and also this Eutelsat in particular as his place is more eastern compared to yours. So signal might be much stronger for you. One big problem you might face are the trees. If it is clear towards your western side then there are chances for you to get this satellite that too on 8ft stamped dish.

25 years back there was only C band for us and that Arabsat had around just 34-35dBw for south India. So we might get only few tps. But now this is Ku band and as it comes on 6ft itself I guess it might be around 38-40 dBw. On his 8ft he says he gets all the frequencies of this satellite. So we also may get.

For me too many trees blocking Sad

@MJ you also try if possible. You are more nearer to its official beam.

@LNB15K welcome back. Long since we saw you. Hope to see you posting DX updates like earlier.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to amatan for this post:
Mr.Kumarbhai
Friday 18-March-2016, 11:59,
U R Right... now the sats signals r more stronger than earler days ... but sad thing is almost all Recievers /tuners r not good as earler used to even after advanced technology.. older Recievers can still get more signals than most of present advanced tech tuners ...
Presntly i dont have that old Stamped metal dish... Once that bcome rusted i had sold ...      any way thats not the reason for not getting signals... :Big Grin
Sadly in western direction hills and trees r blocking more than earlier... see this picture which is taken from the same postion where i got Arabsat .. even the Pol of Dish is still exists  .. its in back side of my house...

The same         in the Eastern side too ... atleast some thin line is allowing me to get signals upto 125°E...

Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mr.Kumarbhai for this post:
amatan
Sunday 20-March-2016, 11:00,
Looks like no chance on old 8ft location Sad Is is farm land or forest or garden? looks big and trees are thick and lush.
Add Thank You Reply
Sunday 20-March-2016, 12:21,
East side is my Farm .. west side is hills ...
Add Thank You Reply
Sunday 20-March-2016, 13:08,
For seeing this people go for tourist spots but you are living there itself Smile
Add Thank You Reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Possibly Related Threads...
ThreadAuthorRepliesViewsLast Post
  DH Exclusive: Yahsat reception Chennai, South India amatan 16 4,020 Tuesday 29-March-2016, 23:03
Last Post: amatan
  News: Astra 4A / SES 5 at 4.9°E received in Coimbatore LNB15K 1 266 Monday 28-March-2016, 22:20
Last Post: amatan
  Yahsat 1A reception in Tamil Nadu, South India LNB15K 1 2,813 Wednesday 16-December-2015, 11:44
Last Post: afzalmanik
  DH Exclusive: Turksat 3A reception in Hyderabad, South India MJ786 5 1,381 Monday 21-September-2015, 12:50
Last Post: gopinatharcot
  DH Exclusive: Afghansat 1 (Eutelsat 48D) Reception in Hyderabad,South India MJ786 7 1,111 Saturday 05-September-2015, 17:44
Last Post: MJ786