JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see the posts in this forum. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see the posts, images and links please enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Express AM3 Ku band reception in Chennai
Wednesday 20-February-2013, 09:28,
Express AM3 Ku band reception in Chennai
Express AM3 at 140.0°E Ku received in Chennai.

Express AM3 has many interesting channels on Vostochnii Express and there are also some free to air channels. Express AM3 has some Data frequencies as well. Express AM3 satellite's coverage is intended for Russia. Its centre foot print is 47dBw over Russia and Chennai which is in South India isn't mentioned to be covered.

The actual frequency is 11168 H 30002. Due to LNB, blind scan stb always shows wrongly. Dish used which was used to receive Express AM3 was a 6ft prime focus dish made in China and LNB used was Yuri prime focus.

Screen shot of Express AM3 as received by me in Chennai:

As per their official Express AM3 Ku foot print:

Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to LNB15K for this post:
amatan, MJ786, S.Raman
Wednesday 20-February-2013, 10:59,
RE: Express AM3 Ku band reception in Chennai
oh.. u went till 140e Smile
Add Thank You Reply
Saturday 06-April-2013, 22:14,
I came across posts about this satellite in another forum. Some were asking whether they can receive this in South India and some even asked whether it can be received in Chennai. Sadly they don't know you nor your blog I think.

I request you to post here all Dxings you made. Atleast some people will benefit.
Add Thank You Reply
Sunday 07-April-2013, 16:10,
(Saturday 06-April-2013, 22:14)Amatan Wrote: I came across posts about this satellite in another forum. Some were asking whether they can receive this in South India and some even asked whether it can be received in Chennai. Sadly they don't know you nor your blog I think.

I request you to post here all Dxings you made. Atleast some people will benefit.

Signal is very good for north india and south india 6ft or above dish required. This DTH packg have Russian & some indian channels audio russian like Zee Tv,SET...etc.REN TV+4 hr also available.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Dr.Dish for this post:
MJ786
Sunday 07-April-2013, 18:27,
(Saturday 06-April-2013, 22:14)Amatan Wrote: I came across posts about this satellite in another forum. Some were asking whether they can receive this in South India and some even asked whether it can be received in Chennai. Sadly they don't know you nor your blog I think.

It is No.1 in Blank

I will post here when I get time. Now a days I don't have much time to spend on these dishes. For the time being I will post my old dxings. Excuse me for that.
Add Thank You Reply
Wednesday 10-April-2013, 14:19,
Great work so you are getting these channels as well.
Add Thank You Reply
Thursday 13-February-2014, 09:28,
Are you still getting?
Add Thank You Reply
Thursday 13-February-2014, 21:41,
Yes getting

Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to LNB15K for this post:
amatan, S.Raman
Friday 14-February-2014, 10:23,
Thanks for the update.
Add Thank You Reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Possibly Related Threads...
ThreadAuthorRepliesViewsLast Post
  DH Exclusive: Yahsat reception Chennai, South India amatan 16 4,007 Tuesday 29-March-2016, 23:03
Last Post: amatan
  DH Exclusive: Express AM22 Ku band reception in South India, Hyderabad MJ786 0 851 Friday 10-October-2014, 11:31
Last Post: MJ786
  DH Exclusive: Intelsat 15 and Horizons 2 Ku Russian beam reception in Chennai, South India amatan 3 1,839 Monday 31-March-2014, 12:04
Last Post: gopinatharcot
  Express AM3 at 140.0°E Reception South india in Pondicherry vels 8 1,387 Thursday 27-February-2014, 15:39
Question Express AM3 140.0°E Ku Band signal South india Arun Tharani 2 624 Thursday 13-February-2014, 09:27