JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see the posts in this forum. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see the posts, images and links please enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I & B Ministry banned 73 channels, 9 Publications & 24 FM channels in recent years
Friday 12-August-2016, 18:21,
I & B Ministry banned 73 channels, 9 Publications & 24 FM channels in recent years
The Information and Broadcasting Ministry has cancelled the permission of 24 FM channels, 73 TV channels, and nine newspapers periodicals for violations in recent years. The 73 channels that have been banned include names like -- Just TV, Khaas, Mohua Punjabi, Mahuaa Telugu, Vision Entertainment and Key TV Others like Focus NE, Focus Haryana, STV Haryan and, Lemon TV. 

At present, 892 private satellite TV channels are registered in the country.  The ministry has also revoked the licences of 24 FM channels of six private broadcasters for violation of provisions of the grant of permission agreement (GOPA) signed by them with the government. The ministry has granted permission to 42 private channels and 196 community radio stations in the country.

The ministry, through the Registrar of Newspapers of India, has cancelled the registration of nine newspapers and periodicals too.

- See more at: http://www.exchange4media.mobi/tv/i--b-m...AlGtF.dpuf
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Thakur for this post:
amatan, MJ786
Saturday 13-August-2016, 00:19,
RE: I & B Ministry banned 73 channels, 9 Publications & 24 FM channels in recent years
good work done by the government
Add Thank You Reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Possibly Related Threads...
ThreadAuthorRepliesViewsLast Post
  Limited punitive action taken against 31 TV channels in 11 years Sandesha 0 8 Tuesday 29-November-2016, 09:25
Last Post: Sandesha
  Breaking News: Limited punitive action taken against 31 TV channels in 11 years Cool Girish 1 78 Saturday 26-November-2016, 23:08
Last Post: Sandesha
  News: HRD MINISTRY TO LAUNCH 32 DTH EDUCATIONAL CHANNELS Thakur 0 115 Thursday 09-June-2016, 09:05
Last Post: Thakur
  Breaking News: ITV network will be launching 7 new channels(post updated with channels logo) anil g 5 510 Friday 25-September-2015, 17:40
Last Post: anil g
  Breaking News: No banned Pakistani channels being broadcast in India, says govt anil g 0 221 Thursday 03-September-2015, 15:14
Last Post: anil g