JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see the posts in this forum. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see the posts, images and links please enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Koreasat 5 113 degs Ku band recevied in Chennai
Sunday 07-April-2013, 18:40,
Koreasat 5 113 degs Ku band recevied in Chennai
This is about my reception of Koreasat 5 at 113 degrees East, during Mid 2010. In this satellite there is a popular DTH package of Philippines called 'Dream Tv'. When I checked this satellite some time back signal was like earlier though some frequencies were changed.

Official foot print of Koreasat it covers only upto eastern parts of Thailand with 40dBw.

Coverage map of Koreasat 5 from official http://www.kt.com/ website.

Signal can be received in Chennai which is in South India. Normally I get signal around 35-45% but at the day when I took this photo it was cloudy and this is what I am getting. I was using a warped dish and still managed to get this much. Which means signal is quite strong and anyone can easily get them.

Earlier Dream Tv was on Agila @146 degrees which had very wide coverage than what was showed on its official foot print map. That made its reception possible even in south India with moderate sized dishes of around 6 feet. Due to piracy and other things Dream Tv changed its encryption and also switched to Koreasat. I guess the reasons may be aging Agila which didnt had any replacements. Now 146 degrees slot is empty without any satellites.

Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to LNB15K for this post:
amatan, MJ786, Mr.Bhat, S.Raman, splc
Sunday 07-April-2013, 19:36,
RE: Koreasat 5 113 degs Ku band recevied in Chennai
Dream tv is good package,great effort to get this sat . Keep discovering more Smile
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MJ786 for this post:
LNB15K
Sunday 07-April-2013, 20:51,
I am getting Koreasat 5/Palapa D -C Band but 1 or 2 Frequency is very week. my location is surrounded by Hills as from Rural area. Also getting Chinasat 6B - c band and its having better signals than Koreasat. Didnt tried any sats for KU Band reception. Tongue
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Mr.Bhat for this post:
amatan, LNB15K, S.Raman
Tuesday 09-April-2013, 19:44,
(Sunday 07-April-2013, 18:40)LNB15K Wrote: This is about my reception of Koreasat 5 at 113 degrees East, during Mid 2010. In this satellite there is a popular DTH package of Philippines called 'Dream Tv'. When I checked this satellite some time back signal was like earlier though some frequencies were changed.

Official foot print of Koreasat it covers only upto eastern parts of Thailand with 40dBw.

Coverage map of Koreasat 5 from official http://www.kt.com/ website.

Signal can be received in Chennai which is in South India. Normally I get signal around 35-45% but at the day when I took this photo it was cloudy and this is what I am getting. I was using a warped dish and still managed to get this much. Which means signal is quite strong and anyone can easily get them.

Earlier Dream Tv was on Agila @146 degrees which had very wide coverage than what was showed on its official foot print map. That made its reception possible even in south India with moderate sized dishes of around 6 feet. Due to piracy and other things Dream Tv changed its encryption and also switched to Koreasat. I guess the reasons may be aging Agila which didnt had any replacements. Now 146 degrees slot is empty without any satellites.
Yes LNB15k, You are quiet right about Agila2. It was very strong in those days and i received it in Colombo, Sri lanka. There was some embeded receiver called Trueman and i could watch Above.
Add Thank You Reply
Wednesday 10-April-2013, 14:20,
(Sunday 07-April-2013, 19:36)MJ786 Wrote: Dream tv is good package,great effort to get this sat . Keep discovering more Smile

We need to discover him now and then Big Grin He is rarely visible in forums.
Add Thank You Reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Possibly Related Threads...
ThreadAuthorRepliesViewsLast Post
  Express AM3 Ku band reception in Chennai LNB15K 8 3,064 Friday 14-February-2014, 10:23
Last Post: amatan
  Eutelsat 21B at 21.5 degrees recevied in Tamil Nadu, South India LNB15K 2 2,320 Thursday 24-January-2013, 08:43
Last Post: DTHGuide