JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see the posts in this forum. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see the posts, images and links please enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madras HC refuses to extend digitisation, Chennai may face a cable blackout.
Monday 03-December-2012, 23:00,
RE: Madras HC refuses to extend digitisation, Chennai may face a cable blackout.
(Monday 03-December-2012, 09:14)Amatan Wrote: There is no logic in staying the DAS implementation. Judges could have simply told to Arasu Cable that when you can afford to buy DAS systems you start your business in Chennai.

Don't know how they could grant a stay when the existing and only MSO SCV didn't complain about DAS.

Arasu cable I don't trust at all. First they are political. No one knows which channel they will remove during elections. Cable operators already wanting to increase the rates and now itself started fooling customers in the name of Arasu cable and collecting 500 rupees for an non existent service and stb! Till now Arasu cable didn't give public notice that we should not give 500 rupees.

Yes, u r 100% right.

Arasu similar to the TN Govt never utters even a single word,

They are yet to announce the final price for the STB, chennai people are wise, they are not ready to trust them and hence havent paid for the STB.

Again no word on who are the Arasu LCO's whereby leaving the system to get corrupted, people cant find who are the real LCO and if they are paying for the real service. So whoever wants to cheat the people can do so easily and Arasu wont stop.

Arasu said they started the service, to whom was it started and who are those using them now?

Judges should haven't given the extension but instead should have asked Arasu why they started so late and when other cities could complete within the time frame why cant them and why cant they get the STB when the other cities could find them?

Why TRAI still not implementing the DAS when judges didnt extend the ban?? Why cant they force it now??
Add Thank You Reply
[-]
Monday 03-December-2012, 23:08,
RE: Madras HC refuses to extend digitisation, Chennai may face a cable blackout.
(Monday 03-December-2012, 11:14)Viki Wrote: And Arasu yet to get DAS license.

Yes, i wish they never get one. No more monopoly.

I wish the STB can be available in the market and like sim portability people should have the permission to switch to any MSO on wish with any available STB so they can choose the best one.
Add Thank You Reply
Monday 03-December-2012, 23:11,
(Monday 03-December-2012, 18:30)Amatan Wrote: Arasu themselves not following their own rules!

Arasu will be noting but the old doordarshan style, they can do what they want.
Add Thank You Reply
Tuesday 04-December-2012, 21:39,
SCV now started advertising in their channel that if we have deactivated cable stb from them then we can activate it and get 2 months free!

They are also warning go digital or go blank. But not telling when we will go blank Big Grin
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to amatan for this post:
pearlpearl
Wednesday 05-December-2012, 01:24,
(Tuesday 04-December-2012, 21:39)Amatan Wrote: SCV now started advertising in their channel that if we have deactivated cable stb from them then we can activate it and get 2 months free!

They are also warning go digital or go blank. But not telling when we will go blank Big Grin

To go blank?? Big GrinBig Grin .. if that happens then i'm sure that atleast 10 - 20 % of their subscribers will immediately switch to non sun DTH. Why not STB Free?? We can try that until others start supplying their STB. Tongue Tongue
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to pearlpearl for this post:
dinee
Saturday 08-December-2012, 13:00,
My LCO said to purchase SCV STB as anytime analogue cable may cut as Court refused a stay and Arasu doesn't have Licence, i said i need to think. SCV's monopoly is what i hate, today they removed Puthiya thalaimurai.... tomorrow many may follow. Tongue Tongue

I pay and i want my choice, i cant let these people control me and make me a fool. I will wait for a good competition or an excellent package from SCV or will switch to DTH Airtel or Tatasky. Perfectly Confused. Dodgy Dodgy
Add Thank You Reply
Saturday 08-December-2012, 13:25,
I am also confused. Not willing to invest on cable stb. Already they are fighting to increase the monthly rates. Unless offer is very very good there is no logic in staying with cable tv connection.

DTH also cannot be believed as they will surely increase the rates now and then.
Add Thank You Reply
Saturday 08-December-2012, 18:17,
(Saturday 08-December-2012, 13:25)Amatan Wrote: I am also confused. Not willing to invest on cable stb. Already they are fighting to increase the monthly rates. Unless offer is very very good there is no logic in staying with cable tv connection.

DTH also cannot be believed as they will surely increase the rates now and then.

Yes, TRAI has given over 11 MSO licence to chennai. If atleast half of them compete then we shall see a good and a healthy competition and everyone will try to give the best and get the most users.

But it looks completely different from other metros, here only SCV in control and others just asking more time and saying they are confused which MSO to choose and seem to wait for Arasu.

I'm not selfish, but i cant spend money in watching channels that i dont want or those i cant understand.

All i want is all tamil channels (No tamil pay channels for Chennai Metro as all have declared free for chennai so they can easily do this), all sports channels (they have max 5 of em so 5*5 = Rs 25) and all english (specifically movies) channels, why cant they offer all at Rs 200? Rs 350 + seems way high and i want puthiya thalaimurai as i dont like them deciding what i should watch.

Yes, DTH is too costly. But the only reason i want to go with them would be, i hate monopoly and i should have all channels that i want.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to pearlpearl for this post:
dinee
Sunday 09-December-2012, 10:05,
Take DTH lowest pack and get 6ft dish and get enjoyed.
Add Thank You Reply
Tuesday 25-December-2012, 06:19,
India´s Arasu cable fails to receive further extensions for digitization

====

Arasu Cable TV, a state run cable TV company in Tamil Nadu (TN) province of India and other cable operator´s petition for extending Phase I digitization deadline to March 31 2013 was declined by the Madras high court. Chennai has received extended deadline till November 19th from the mandate October 31st deadline issued by the central government.
The Tamil Nadu Arasu Cable TV Corporation´s general manager N Varadhan quoted that it was taking steps to digitize cable TV services in Chennai, and that it has already floated tenders for the purpose.
The cable operators in the city have registered with Arasu for about 0.94 million STBs which would take 18 week time for the delivery. Based on the previous petitions issued, the court had earlier extended time limit from November 5th to November 19th and finally choose not to further extend the deadlines.

==

Ref: http://nextvasia.com/index.php/1-cable-d...itization/
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to pearlpearl for this post:
S.Raman, tsrocks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Possibly Related Threads...
ThreadAuthorRepliesViewsLast Post
  Breaking News: Chennai Cable TV rates increased amatan 4 796 Sunday 15-February-2015, 14:26
Last Post: amatan
  DH Exclusive: Chennai Cable MSO Aadhar Digital Vision Packages List amatan 1 3,935 Thursday 25-December-2014, 19:16
Last Post: ravi
  News: Puthiya Thalaimurai and Kalignar Seithigal not coming on Arasu Cable in Chennai amatan 3 1,145 Saturday 25-October-2014, 07:29
Last Post: amatan
  News: SCV Analog cable signal switched off in Chennai -now back again! amatan 7 2,312 Tuesday 08-January-2013, 18:34
Last Post: cr7
  Can TRAI really stop Arasu?? What is the fate of Chennai cable?? pearlpearl 1 1,235 Monday 31-December-2012, 16:25
Last Post: pearlpearl