JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see the posts in this forum. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see the posts, images and links please enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update :  My 6 ft Dish painted by aluminium paint.
Wednesday 27-February-2013, 18:03,
My 6 ft Dish painted by aluminium paint.
My 6 feet dish painted by Aluminium & signal improved 5%. See the SS.

Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to sasitnj for this post:
amatan, MJ786
Wednesday 27-February-2013, 18:10,
RE: My 6 ft Dish painted by aluminium paint.
painted why ? was it rusted? i guess u purchased this last year or so maybe late 2011
Add Thank You Reply
Wednesday 27-February-2013, 18:35,
(Wednesday 27-February-2013, 18:10)MJ786 Wrote: painted why ? was it rusted? i guess u purchased this last year or so maybe late 2011

I bought may 2011.I built 2nd floor. So, that time I dismantled all parts.
then I installed last month I found some area pained removed automatically. So, I painted first then I coated aluminium paint to improve signal strength.
Add Thank You Reply
Wednesday 27-February-2013, 18:35,
do this aluminium paint increase signal
Add Thank You Reply
Wednesday 27-February-2013, 18:41,
(Wednesday 27-February-2013, 18:35)DTHGuide Wrote: do this aluminium paint increase signal
Yes, sure 5% signal increased. Also I put putty in the gap of the panels. That also important. You can see the my SS.
Add Thank You Reply
Wednesday 27-February-2013, 19:21,
@Sasitnj
My 6 ft dish is solid one.

So should i paint with aluminum paint?
Add Thank You Reply
Friday 01-March-2013, 20:27,
In tropical country like south India, applying aluminium or any highly reflective paint is bad for LNBF. Not only sat signals but heat is focused on lnbf and sensitive electronics will be damaged. As th dish it self is made of mettle, it will be enough to reflect sat signal.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to splc for this post:
MJ786
Friday 01-March-2013, 21:58,
absolutely right Smile it will give lot of heat reflection which might cause lnbf damage as u mentioned.

@sasi, do not see the dish directly during day time
Add Thank You Reply
Saturday 02-March-2013, 11:13,
(Friday 01-March-2013, 21:58)MJ786 Wrote: absolutely right Smile it will give lot of heat reflection which might cause lnbf damage as u mentioned.

Im not accepting your point MJ.
Normally metal is metal not aluminium. I coated aluminium surface of the body, how to increase the heat with metal body.
Even from lnb to surface of the dish approx.1 metre distance, how to damage the lnb. this is practical thinking.

Any way, im not change anything in my setup, any problem I will write here,
If damage my lnbs no problem I bought Rs.200/lnb = 800 only gone.
I will accept your point that time.
Add Thank You Reply
Sunday 03-March-2013, 11:20,
(Saturday 02-March-2013, 11:13)sasitnj Wrote:
(Friday 01-March-2013, 21:58)MJ786 Wrote: absolutely right Smile it will give lot of heat reflection which might cause lnbf damage as u mentioned.

Im not accepting your point MJ.
Normally metal is metal not aluminium. I coated aluminium surface of the body, how to increase the heat with metal body.
Even from lnb to surface of the dish approx.1 metre distance, how to damage the lnb. this is practical thinking.

Any way, im not change anything in my setup, any problem I will write here,
If damage my lnbs no problem I bought Rs.200/lnb = 800 only gone.
I will accept your point that time.
dear friend, have you ever seen any dish manufacturer paint there dishes with aluminium or brilliant white? That is because of this reflective factor. Same satellite signal, heat wave is reflected by tis aluminium or white surface of the dish to its focal point, and that concentrated heat possibly damage the lnbf. next thing is a thing coating of any kind of paint will not increase signal. May be closing the grooves between dish petals did that trick for you. any way good luck.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to splc for this post:
MJ786
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »