JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see the posts in this forum. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see the posts, images and links please enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plan for GSat10 transponders by Tata Sky
Friday 27-September-2013, 23:20,
Plan for GSat10 transponders by Tata Sky
As u all know tata sky waited for 6 years to get transponders from GSat10 Satellite but as they did not get the transponders by mid 2013 so they decided to shift to MPEG4. They would have given rent of 1 million dollars to ISRO per month for using GSat10 which comes to around Rs 6 crore if i calculate dollar at Rs 60 to a Rupee.

Now they are investing 900 crore to move to MPEG4 which means had they got transponders from GSat10 then they would have paid this much money in rent spanning 12 and a half years t use that satellite.

Now as per my calculations after investing so much on MPEG4 Transition, Tata Sky will not further invest to pay for rent to get transponders from GSat10 right now. They will use GSat1 0 once INSAT 4A dies in next 2 to 3 years.

This is my detailed examination. As there is no point investing in GSat10 now as by investing in MPEG4 they will get sufficient space for new chs and making more investing will not be good for company funds
Add Thank You Reply
[-]
Saturday 28-September-2013, 17:58,
RE: Plan for GSat10 transponders by Tata Sky
(Friday 27-September-2013, 23:20)aumnamonarayana Wrote: As u all know tata sky waited for 6 years to get transponders from GSat10 Satellite but as they did not get the transponders by mid 2013 so they decided to shift to MPEG4. They would have given rent of 1 million dollars to ISRO per month for using GSat10 which comes to around Rs 6 crore if i calculate dollar at Rs 60 to a Rupee.

Now they are investing 900 crore to move to MPEG4 which means had they got transponders from GSat10 then they would have paid this much money in rent spanning 12 and a half years t use that satellite.

Now as per my calculations after investing so much on MPEG4 Transition, Tata Sky will not further invest to pay for rent to get transponders from GSat10 right now. They will use GSat1 0 once INSAT 4A dies in next 2 to 3 years.

This is my detailed examination. As there is no point investing in GSat10 now as by investing in MPEG4 they will get sufficient space for new chs and making more investing will not be good for company funds

Changing to Mpeg4 how much more channels they can add you think? I am not sure whether Gsat 10 is first of all alive or not as there is no reason for ISRO not to give it to Tatasky if it is working 100% properly. Also Tatasky wont have spent 1000 crores if there was some chance of getting that satellite.

The years they waited was not living in the hope of getting Gsat but mostly of over confidence for many years even that CEO talked nonsense that they will concentrate on High income group and blah blah(I never heard any business man talking crap like that) until it was very sure they cannot survive they decided to add channels more. In the mean time prices of MPEG4 stbs also came down but rupee value fell so they would have lost some edge.

If they get Gsat is it that costly to pay 6 crores per month for them? They will easily take twice as profit with carriage fees and increased sales. If they dont take and some others simply book and block it then what will be their future after Insat 4A's age?

In my view Tatasky or any other dths which gets satellites as easily like this will surely take.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to amatan for this post:
Samatan
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Possibly Related Threads...
ThreadAuthorRepliesViewsLast Post
  Breaking News: Tata sky launching direct to Home internet plan Thakur 5 539 Friday 01-July-2016, 12:38
Last Post: harshbardhan
  Breaking News: Tata Sky revives IPO plan to raise Rs 2,000 crore anil g 0 194 Saturday 26-March-2016, 14:13
Last Post: anil g
Lightbulb DH Exclusive: Transponders of Tatasky from Insat 4A & [email protected] degree East dayag 8 1,486 Saturday 05-December-2015, 18:21
Last Post: aumnamonarayana
  Update: Tata Sky has got the transponders from GSAT10 Satellite? aumnamonarayana 6 1,065 Monday 09-September-2013, 15:27
Last Post: amatan
  Tata Sky has still not got transponders from GSAT10 Satellite aumnamonarayana 3 1,315 Thursday 29-August-2013, 14:32
Last Post: amatan