JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see the posts in this forum. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see the posts, images and links please enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.
Sachin Tendulkar announces retirement from ODIs
  • Welcome to DTHHelp Forum for Indian DTH services.
Hello There, Guest! Login RegisterLogin with Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sachin Tendulkar announces retirement from ODIs
Sachin Tendulkar announces retirement from ODIs, wants to focus on Test cricket

Putting an end to his 23-year old one-day career, master blaster Sachin Tendulkar today announced retirement from the 50-over format.

The Board of control for cricket in India (BCCI) released Sachin's statement on Sunday morning.

"I have decided to retire from the One Day format of the game. I feel blessed to have fulfilled the dream of being part of a World Cup wining Indian team," Tendulkar said in his statement to the BCCI Chief N Srinivasan.

"The preparatory process to defend the World Cup in 2015 should begin early and in right earnest. I would like to wish the team all the very best for the future. I am eternally grateful to all my well-wishers for their unconditional support and love over the years," he added.

Tendulkar's retirement plans have been intensely debated in recent times through a long patch of poor form. The most prolific run getter in the world ever is 39 years of age. He holds every batting record in the book.

In his career, Sachin has scored 18426 runs in 463 ODIs. His highest score in ODIs is 200 runs that came in 2010 against South Africa in Gwalior.

More Information
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to samanth for this post:
amatan, S.Raman

He can retire from all forms of cricket that will be better.
Add Thank You Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
ThreadAuthorRepliesViewsLast Post
  Breaking News: Tendulkar becomes majority shareholder in ISL Kerala team anil g 0 126 Friday 09-October-2015, 04:32
Last Post: anil g
  News: Tendulkar targets 100th ton S.Raman 2 905 Tuesday 15-November-2011, 09:15
Last Post: samanth