JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see the posts in this forum. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see the posts, images and links please enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News :  Sun Direct to add 9 transponders by June
Friday 23-May-2014, 19:52,
Sun Direct to add 9 transponders by June
Good News , SUN Direct customers your long wait coming to an end.

Sun Direct to add 9 transponders by June

MUMBAI: Direct to home (DTH) operator Sun Direct is looking at increasing its high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) channel offering. The DTH operator that currently has four transponders will soon add nine more transponders to its kitty, thanks to the deal signed between Sun Direct and MEASAT Satellite Systems.

The announcement comes after Sun Direct got a nod from Antrix Corporation for additional capacity. The platform currently has 11 HD and 210 SD channels. “We had applied to Antrix and have got its approval. With this, we will be shifting to MEASAT 3C and hence, will get nine transponders by first week of June. Our HD offering is currently low, but with the extra capacity we aim to take it to 30, while we expect the number of SD channels to go up to 350,” informs Sun Direct MD Mahesh Kumar.

With this, the total number of transponders will go up to 13. “While we are currently focused on the south market, we can think of targeting other regions after this boost. We will first fill the gaps in our south offering and the HD channel offering,” he adds.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/dth/dth-...une-140523
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Viki for this post:
Bhavan, DTHGuide, MJ786
Friday 23-May-2014, 20:30,
RE: Sun Direct to add 9 transponders by June
so they are coming back to dth,but measat 3c is launched? i read it is to launch in 2015
Add Thank You Reply
Friday 23-May-2014, 21:05,
It should be Measat 3B , Yes Measat 3C on 2015.
Add Thank You Reply
Friday 23-May-2014, 21:12,
hmm.. so when they can make mistake with sat name cant there be doubt on the word June? is it June 2014 or 2015 then?

I heard 2 months ago that they are going to get additional tps like that
Add Thank You Reply
Friday 23-May-2014, 22:18,
(Friday 23-May-2014, 21:12)MJ786 Wrote: hmm.. so when they can make mistake with sat name cant there be doubt on the word June? is it June 2014 or 2015 then?

I heard 2 months ago that they are going to get additional tps like that

Smile It should be a Typo error by Indiantelevision.com
Add Thank You Reply
Saturday 24-May-2014, 11:09,
Great....this what we all waiting for all these days from SD...
Add Thank You Reply
Saturday 24-May-2014, 11:22,
Hope Sun Direct MD is not fooling its subscribers by saying about 1st week of June.As per reports we read that the Measat satellite will launch on June 4, so he is telling about that launch but they will take atleat 6 months to get tps from that satellite after testing is over. correct me if i am wrong experts
Add Thank You Reply
Saturday 24-May-2014, 18:23,
(Saturday 24-May-2014, 11:22)DTHGuide Wrote: Hope Sun Direct MD is not fooling its subscribers by saying about 1st week of June.As per reports we read that the Measat satellite will launch on June 4, so he is telling about that launch but they will take atleat 6 months to get tps from that satellite after testing is over. correct me if i am wrong experts

Why 6 months?!! No need for 6 months , it can be max of 15 days if everything goes fine.
Add Thank You Reply
Saturday 24-May-2014, 19:17,
Is it possible to start transmission from those as soon as it launched?
Once satellite it launched it wont reached the destination on that day itself, it will take few days and then once it reaches it orbital position then there will be few more weeks of testing and then only possible

And the last few words by you are the most interesting and important ones when it comes to Sun Direct (if that sat launches fine)
Add Thank You Reply
Saturday 24-May-2014, 19:41,
if they get 9 transponders then they will stop sharing from reliance big tv or not
Add Thank You Reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »