JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see the posts in this forum. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see the posts, images and links please enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.
TataSky to add 20 new channels shortly
  • Welcome to DTHHelp Forum for Indian DTH services.
Hello There, Guest! Login RegisterLogin with Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News TataSky to add 20 new channels shortly
(Friday 13-March-2015, 20:41)MJ786 Wrote: For LNBFs, the polarity is controlled automatically by a voltage transmitted form the receiver to the LNBF via the coax cable. The receiver will send the LNBF 18 volts for horizontal polarity, and 13 volts for vertical polarity. For standard LNBs, the polarity is controlled by a motorized motor.

how much it will benefit , if at all dont know

Correct . i am telling that Horizontal Polarity needs more power to read/get full signals and Vertical needs less power. I am thinking that the same apply in Transponders to transmit/deliver the signals for uplinking and downlinking too .
My calculations may be childish but a doubt came to me. so thought about the chances .
Add Thank You Reply

(Friday 13-March-2015, 20:16)dayag Wrote:
(Friday 13-March-2015, 19:49)anilsk01 Wrote: they wanted to shift all the channel from hor to ver tp for this they did the testing of ver tp but as their did not success as people was facing no signal issue

so due to this they stopped their testing

@Anil,Amatan and MJ ,
I have a doubt just came to my mind after reading your post.
Horizontal polarity needs more voltage ie: 17/18 V
vertical needs 13/14 V.
Is this may be the reason taatsky change the polarity ? so then less power consumption.

It doesn't need more power whether it is H or V. Infact Tatasky will be uplinking in V for us to get in H. The voltage 13/18V are all just a standard system to make the LNB switch POL and it doesn't mean H or V needs more power.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to amatan for this post:

Thank You for the clarifications. Love
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dayag for this post:

Possibly Related Threads...
ThreadAuthorRepliesViewsLast Post
  DH Exclusive: 3 New Channels will be added Shortly in Tata Sky!! 0 918 Saturday 02-November-2013, 20:50
Last Post: