JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see the posts in this forum. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see the posts, images and links please enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DH Exclusive :  Tatasky moving to Asiasat 7/8 satellite
Tuesday 24-February-2015, 08:42,
RE: Tatasky moving to Asiasat 7/8 satellite
first priority for tata sky will be add all the existing channel to new sat when this is complete they will start relocation process and new channel adding will also be also done
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to anilsk01 for this post:
BOLDY, MJ786
Tuesday 24-February-2015, 11:06,
(Monday 23-February-2015, 23:10)aumnamonarayana Wrote: Fingers crossed. I believe that they will add many new channels, heard news that they already have pre signed contracts wit many channels and some channels are waiting for more than a year now. Tata Sky has cited bandwidth shortage as the reason to all these channels so now when they move to a new satellite they will have to shed this excuse. Also heard that HD channels like Fox Life HD, Nat Geo People HD, Nat Geo Wild, TLC HD, Animal Planet HD, History TV 18 HD, And Pictures HD, AndTV HD all r in pipeline. I am expecting big dhamaka in April and this time i am sure it will not be fus bomb. Kappa TV has been waiting since August 2013, they had signed contract way back then. Even Disney Junior got added after 1 year of signing the contract.

Channels are ready to dole out loads of money to Tata Sky, so all in all it will be a win-win situation for Tata Sky and its customers

How long you will get fooled by Tatasky's statements? No channel is waiting to be added. Who ever gives money will be added on Tatasky. They have space for those. They have already added many like that. Tatasky is not the only DTH for channels to give money and beg to. For you Tatasky might be GOD but for channel operators it is just another DTH.

If you think channels are begging and waiting to get into Tatasky, then you have to believe similar to all DTHs. Due to shortage only Dish TV not able to add Sahara One,M Tunes, Music Express, 9XO, E 24,Epic, Food Food, NGC Music!!

What ever channels you are not able to get in a particular DTH will be because of TP space shortage!
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to amatan for this post:
BOLDY
Tuesday 24-February-2015, 13:34,
Amantan i guess u don't know the facts about DTH industry, u don't know the prestige involved when a broadcaster launches its channel on Tata Sky platform. Plus regrading channel addition, i am myself in touch with many channels who have confirmed to me about signing the contracts and are awaiting Tata Sky's green signal
Add Thank You Reply
Tuesday 24-February-2015, 13:38,
Whats the point in signing contract and keeping? There are few channels which have started and shut down also and they were added and removed.
Add Thank You Reply
Tuesday 24-February-2015, 13:55,
(Tuesday 24-February-2015, 13:34)aumnamonarayana Wrote: Amantan i guess u don't know the facts about DTH industry, u don't know the prestige involved when a broadcaster launches its channel on Tata Sky platform. Plus regrading channel addition, i am myself in touch with many channels who have confirmed to me about signing the contracts and are awaiting Tata Sky's green signal
those are rumours and market gimmik of certain channel broadcasters to fool others to think as they have good demand.
Add Thank You Reply
Tuesday 24-February-2015, 14:08,
(Tuesday 24-February-2015, 13:38)MJ786 Wrote: Whats the point in signing contract and keeping? There are few channels which have started and shut down also and they were added and removed.

MJ Bhai as i said its bcoz Tata Sky has cited bandwidth issues to them, if a channel fights with Tata Sky then they meet with the fate that Mastii or Times Group channels face which is that Tata Sky deliberately does not add it so channels take it easy and wait. Anyways i am sure about this, u will see many additions as soon as migration starts
Add Thank You Reply
Tuesday 24-February-2015, 14:11,
(Tuesday 24-February-2015, 13:55)dayag Wrote:
(Tuesday 24-February-2015, 13:34)aumnamonarayana Wrote: Amantan i guess u don't know the facts about DTH industry, u don't know the prestige involved when a broadcaster launches its channel on Tata Sky platform. Plus regrading channel addition, i am myself in touch with many channels who have confirmed to me about signing the contracts and are awaiting Tata Sky's green signal
those are rumours and market gimmik of certain channel broadcasters to fool others to think as they have good demand.

I know its a thought stretched too far but the reason for this prestige is that most influential people use Tata Sky (though its changing slowly) and these people take major decisions in TV industry specially many people like ad professionals etc. and a channel is dependent on many such factors like TRP to sustain. When a channels is added on Tata ky, it gets noticed by these influential people and get more ads plus mention in various social media circle.
Add Thank You Reply
Tuesday 24-February-2015, 15:32,
What about Pack prices when tata sky will add more than 50 or 100 channels including HD also?
I don't think, they will add such a huge bucket of channels.
Add Thank You Reply
Tuesday 24-February-2015, 17:15,
(Tuesday 24-February-2015, 14:11)aumnamonarayana Wrote: I know its a thought stretched too far but the reason for this prestige is that most influential people use Tata Sky (though its changing slowly) and these people take major decisions in TV industry specially many people like ad professionals etc. and a channel is dependent on many such factors like TRP to sustain. When a channels is added on Tata ky, it gets noticed by these influential people and get more ads plus mention in various social media circle.

These influential people use Tatasky and decide? As for as I know they take money and decide if at all anyone listens. There are marketers for social media and one don't need to beg with Tatasky.
Add Thank You Reply
Tuesday 24-February-2015, 17:19,
(Tuesday 24-February-2015, 15:32)Shubham Wrote: What about Pack prices when tata sky will add more than 50 or 100 channels including HD also?
I don't think, they will add such a huge bucket of channels.

I have lots of contacts in Tatasky office they told me broadcasters are standing in que from night just to get application form for applying for a slot in Tatasky DTH.

But Tatasky don't like carriage fees or revenues. They always worry about bandwidth and so not adding any channels. Once they move to new satellite they will get so much bandwidth that they can add even same channels twice!
Add Thank You Reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Possibly Related Threads...
ThreadAuthorRepliesViewsLast Post
Thumbs Up DH Exclusive: Tatasky this time use two satellite BOLDY 2 646 Monday 06-April-2015, 11:20
Last Post: BOLDY