JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see the posts in this forum. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see the posts, images and links please enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update :  Tatasky will be migrate all channels & services to GSAT 10
Monday 26-October-2015, 09:43,
Tatasky will be migrate all channels & services to GSAT 10
Currently TataSky is
in the process of converting
from MPEG-2 to MPEG-4
platform and may well be
able to complete the process
by Diwali when its lease with
INSAT-4A expires and it will
migrate all channels and
services to GSAT 10.
http://www.dthhelp.net/Thread--Star-spor...on-TataSky
ANIL G
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to anil g for this post:
amatan
Monday 26-October-2015, 09:49,
RE: Tatasky will be migrate all channels & services to GSAT 10
Now Kumarbhai has been proved right Smile
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to amatan for this post:
anil g
Monday 26-October-2015, 10:04,
bro he is always right Smile
ANIL G
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to anil g for this post:
amatan, Mr.Kumarbhai
Monday 07-March-2016, 06:15,
I had told u that this won't happen. GSat transponders r additional capacity. Some "Experts" holding higher position were openly challenging others that GSat would be replacement for Insat & we don't know about satellites. He alsk said that he would offer free recharge if he is proved wrong but now he is all quiet as neither this news of his proved correct nor the rumors of Videocon d2h adding 10-12 HD chs proved correct.

That's why i always say that never be over confident and always be humble , accept ur mistakes and try to correct it rather than repeating it time and again
Add Thank You Reply
Monday 07-March-2016, 13:04,
(Monday 07-March-2016, 06:15)aumnamonarayana Wrote: I had told u that this won't happen. GSat transponders r additional capacity. Some "Experts" holding higher position were openly challenging others that GSat would be replacement for Insat & we don't know about satellites. He alsk said that he would offer free recharge if he is proved wrong but now he is all quiet as neither this news of his proved correct nor the rumors of Videocon d2h adding 10-12 HD chs proved correct.

That's why i always say that never be over confident and always be humble , accept ur mistakes and try to correct it rather than repeating it time and again

Insat 4A designed life is 12 years and it was launched on December 2005. So 10 years already completed and more or less they may put it inclined orbit later on to use it for some other functions other than DTH services.  Even if they don't its life is going to end in another year and a half. So if suppose TS goes on using both the satellites and adds lots of channels what will be the fate an year and a half?

I don't know who offered you free recharges but in case TS shifts totally to Gsat within an year please feel free to do a free recharge for me Big Grin
Add Thank You Reply
Monday 07-March-2016, 13:09,
(Monday 07-March-2016, 13:04)Amatan Wrote:
(Monday 07-March-2016, 06:15)aumnamonarayana Wrote: I had told u that this won't happen. GSat transponders r additional capacity. Some "Experts" holding higher position were openly challenging others that GSat would be replacement for Insat & we don't know about satellites. He alsk said that he would offer free recharge if he is proved wrong but now he is all quiet as neither this news of his proved correct nor the rumors of Videocon d2h adding 10-12 HD chs proved correct.

Insat 4A designed life is 12 years and it was launched on December 2005. So 10 years already completed and more or less they may put it inclined orbit later on to use it for some other functions other than DTH services.  Even if they don't its life is going to end in another year and a half. So if suppose TS goes on using both the satellites and adds lots of channels what will be the fate an year and a half?

I don't know who offered you free recharges but in case TS shifts totally to Gsat within an year please feel free to do a free recharge for me Big Grin

Before that they will get a new satellite as replacement of Insat 4A or will move to a foreign satellite (chances r less for this as they must have agreed to hire tp's from GSat 10 once ISRO must have given commitment to provide new sat on same orbit)

Let's wait n watch bro.
Add Thank You Reply
Tuesday 08-March-2016, 09:20,
Now a new satellite is there for them. It may not have any extra but still more or less like 4A.  Not sure whether ISRO will allot another satellite to them as then it will be 3 satellites launched just for those Tatas.
Add Thank You Reply
Tuesday 08-March-2016, 09:36,
(Tuesday 08-March-2016, 09:20)Amatan Wrote: Now a new satellite is there for them. It may not have any extra but still more or less like 4A.  Not sure whether ISRO will allot another satellite to them as then it will be 3 satellites launched just for those Tatas.

Tata Sky was almost doomed as ISRO delayed launch of GSat10 for many years, Tata Sky had asked for 12 more tp's in 2007 and as per rule ISRO should have given it to them in 2009. GSat 10 eas supposed to launch in 2009 and it was launched after delay of three and a half years in end of 2012. ISRO then told Tata Sky that they can offer GSat 10 tp's for replacement of Insat 4A, Tata Sky disagreed and to get more bandwidth they started shifting all SD chs to MPEG4 which was a very tiresome and big task but they had no option, they even threatened to sue ISRO. Finally being the only private DTH operator on ISRO satellite, ISRO must have tried all things to not let them shift to foreign satellite as it will cost them huge revenue losd and Ku band tp's of GSat 10 will be wasted so they must have agreed to give GSat 10 tp's as additional capacity.

After going thru so much Tata Sky deserves a new satellite for them. I guess GSat 9 will cater to it as its launch has now been preponed to July 2016
Add Thank You Reply
Tuesday 08-March-2016, 09:36,
(Tuesday 08-March-2016, 09:20)Amatan Wrote: Now a new satellite is there for them. It may not have any extra but still more or less like 4A.  Not sure whether ISRO will allot another satellite to them as then it will be 3 satellites launched just for those Tatas.

Tata Sky was almost doomed as ISRO delayed launch of GSat10 for many years, Tata Sky had asked for 12 more tp's in 2007 and as per rule ISRO should have given it to them in 2009. GSat 10 eas supposed to launch in 2009 and it was launched after delay of three and a half years in end of 2012. ISRO then told Tata Sky that they can offer GSat 10 tp's for replacement of Insat 4A, Tata Sky disagreed and to get more bandwidth they started shifting all SD chs to MPEG4 which was a very tiresome and big task but they had no option, they even threatened to sue ISRO. Finally being the only private DTH operator on ISRO satellite, ISRO must have tried all things to not let them shift to foreign satellite as it will cost them huge revenue losd and Ku band tp's of GSat 10 will be wasted so they must have agreed to give GSat 10 tp's as additional capacity.

After going thru so much Tata Sky deserves a new satellite for them. I guess GSat 9 will cater to it as its launch has now been preponed to July 2016
Add Thank You Reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Possibly Related Threads...
ThreadAuthorRepliesViewsLast Post
  Breaking NOW: Tata sky services will be moved from INSAT 4A transponders to GSAT 10 transponder Thakur 7 243 Wednesday 16-November-2016, 23:27
Last Post: aumnamonarayana
  Update: DD Bharati removed by Tatasky.-moved to Actve services.. dayag 7 1,382 Tuesday 16-June-2015, 22:51
Last Post: Dileep Kumar
  News: TataSky hikes subscription rates by 8% on premium services Viki 2 412 Friday 16-May-2014, 11:54
Last Post: ravi
  3 New data services started on tatasky MJ786 2 750 Thursday 01-December-2011, 18:23
Last Post: VJ13