JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see the posts in this forum. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see the posts, images and links please enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update :  Thunderstorm & my Laptop
Tuesday 10-September-2013, 19:09,
Thunderstorm & my Laptop
It was Tuesday midnight (03-09) , was raining heavily outside & I was browsing on my Laptop with my personal Linksys Modem connected via LAN. Before realizing that a thunderstorm hit somewhere near to our house , my Laptop went blank after showing multiple horizontal lines on the screen - dead state. Modem was flashing all LAN LED indicators even they are not connected - dead.

Today , laptop is back after replacing - BIOS IC , IO Chip - Rs 2800/- Thanks to RAM Infotech.

A 4 GB RAM also got damaged , didn't replace it as it is very costly.

Note : It also damaged the Air Conditioner Sad , just today I have noticed that.

I would have laughed loudly , if some had said Thunderstorm will also affect Laptop & AC before this incident.

Now , how will I?!
Add Thank You Reply
[-]
Tuesday 10-September-2013, 19:19,
RE: Thunderstorm & my Laptop
(Tuesday 10-September-2013, 19:09)Viki Wrote: It was Tuesday midnight (03-09) , was raining heavily outside & I was browsing on my Laptop with my personal Linksys Modem connected via LAN. Before realizing that a thunderstorm hit somewhere near to our house , my Laptop went blank after showing multiple horizontal lines on the screen - dead state. Modem was flashing all LAN LED indicators even they are not connected - dead.

Today , laptop is back after replacing - BIOS IC , IO Chip - Rs 2800/- Thanks to RAM Infotech.

A 4 GB RAM also got damaged , didn't replace it as it is very costly.

Note : It also damaged the Air Conditioner Sad , just today I have noticed that.

I would have laughed loudly , if some had said Thunderstorm will also affect Laptop & AC before this incident.

Now , how will I?!

My friend's PC also got damaged like this few months back. His Modem & PC both died. As it was PC costs were lower. Lighting charge would have hit the AC power line so this would have happened I guess.
Thanks to everyone and wish you all the best.
Add Thank You Reply
Wednesday 11-September-2013, 17:44,
Viki sad to know about it. Some times it happens. Even my friend also faced same problem. His LAN card died and he was afraid to keep the PC ON even if it rains for some time after that incident.

Atleast your LAPTOP charging Adapter escaped.
Add Thank You Reply
Friday 18-April-2014, 15:48,
You can use ur [url=http://news.mobile-phone.pk/nokia-releases-pictures-of-a-phablet-tab-a-notebook/nokia-phablet-tablet-laptop-wallpaper-2/]laptop even during thunderstorm but unplug it. the first damage the thunder/lightning will do to ur laptop is ur sound will be malfunctioned, even the thunder/lightning doesnt stike the electric lines directly.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to salar521 for this post:
amatan, S.Raman
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »