JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see the posts in this forum. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see the posts, images and links please enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgraded To Dish Tru HD+
Thursday 21-August-2014, 20:54,
RE: Upgraded To Dish Tru HD+
congrats nivin, now is a good time to choose dish hd because of the maximum no of channels plus the package flexibility.and 990rs it is an easy decision

only issue is their customer service, and their broken systems. Be aware you will lose the hd channels first during rains. I asked them if they have some solution for this like a bigger dish they have no idea just told me everybody face the same issue

so it seems their systems are still not fixed, i wanted the familysports pack but they couldnt give it, so got the allsports+full on hd+alacarte. Now they say need one month wait to downgrade

i got the hd superstar pack though, but never watched those even for 5minutes may be unsubscribe next month
Add Thank You Reply
[-]
Thursday 21-August-2014, 21:13,
You are right, for me there is no way to add superstar alacarte. They are telling full on HD pack is not activated in my account and for adding superstar alacarte you need to subscribe to any HD add on pack.

I am already having full on HD free for 1 month and I am getting those channels. But they say it's not activated. Argued with couple of them, later stopped fearing that they may even stop the 1 month free HD Addon.

Also I downgraded my pack to Jumbo family from all sports. While downgrading they told I need to pay separately for the Malayalam language pack. I asked why, you were providing 1 language pack free with all South packs. They told now it's like this only and if you want to watch Malayalam you should pay extra. I argued with them again for a long time. Later I told do whatever you want and cut the call. Now it seems they are charging Rs 20 for Malayalam alacarte for me.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Maveli for this post:
amatan, bhaskarkilli
Thursday 21-August-2014, 21:42,
the recent changes are too complex for their systems and the customer service agents to handle. you can try selecting different language to get a good agent, they are very rare though. try to speak very slowly like you speak to a kid or with underdeveloped brain

since the new changes last week now we cant even login or send an email. earlier i only used to send emails and never had to talk these guys.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to mulder for this post:
amatan
Thursday 21-August-2014, 21:59,
Tried malayalam and english.No use Sad
Add Thank You Reply
Thursday 21-August-2014, 22:10,
may be try the local dealer who did the upgrade, may be they didnt update properly creating this issue
Add Thank You Reply
Friday 22-August-2014, 12:14,
(Thursday 21-August-2014, 19:53)MJ786 Wrote: 990 rs and you get free monoblock lnb worth 400 and recorder remote too costs 300+ Smile

A hanging recorder Big Grin Recorder remote now they are giving it free? For me they asked 250rs even though I had their HD stb Sad
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to amatan for this post:
Maveli
Friday 22-August-2014, 12:16,
(Thursday 21-August-2014, 21:13)Nivin Wrote: You are right, for me there is no way to add superstar alacarte. They are telling full on HD pack is not activated in my account and for adding superstar alacarte you need to subscribe to any HD add on pack.

I am already having full on HD free for 1 month and I am getting those channels. But they say it's not activated. Argued with couple of them, later stopped fearing that they may even stop the 1 month free HD Addon.

Also I downgraded my pack to Jumbo family from all sports. While downgrading they told I need to pay separately for the Malayalam language pack. I asked why, you were providing 1 language pack free with all South packs. They told now it's like this only and if you want to watch Malayalam you should pay extra. I argued with them again for a long time. Later I told do whatever you want and cut the call. Now it seems they are charging Rs 20 for Malayalam alacarte for me.

I am getting all the Malayalam channels except Matrubhumi and Surya Tv.
May this 20rs is for those 2 channels? All the best for taking Dish TV HD.
Add Thank You Reply
Friday 22-August-2014, 13:15,
But they should be giving one language pack free with every South pack.
Add Thank You Reply
Friday 22-August-2014, 15:28,
(Friday 22-August-2014, 13:15)Maveli Wrote: But they should be giving one language pack free with every South pack.
they are giving, see the website screenshot.the email option still doesnot work. so you cannot send to dish guys

Attached FilesImage(s)

Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to mulder for this post:
MJ786
Friday 22-August-2014, 15:40,
there is one south pack free to all regional and extra regional pack costs 20rs. but in your case it is completely different accounts by dishtv

maybe for upgrade offer users they are doing like this ?
Add Thank You Reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Possibly Related Threads...
ThreadAuthorRepliesViewsLast Post
  Update: Dish HD subscribers will be upgraded to Dish HD DVR free of cost samanth 1 857 Thursday 02-February-2012, 21:36
Last Post: MJ786