JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see the posts in this forum. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see the posts, images and links please enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update :  VTC switches to Vinasat 1 satellite
Tuesday 01-May-2012, 23:39,
RE: VTC switches to Vinasat 1 satellite
(Thursday 12-April-2012, 22:08)MJ786 Wrote: yes... it was very much on 90cm dish as mentioned above also...

First i am very thankful for ur email reply

I never handled a big dish so i took the help of DTH guys so that i have a helping hand and they got a pocket TV too, and this guy is interested in learning new things.

I brought the HD receiver and LNB (universal) from VTC stores from Vietnam in june 2011 and i installed it with a 90cms HD sundirect dish and used to get the feed from Asiasat5 until 2 months back. i tried with sun dish in the direction of Vinasat1 and coudnt find the signals, so after consulting "LNB15K" and you, i got confident and brought a 180cms dish, and got the permission from my Apartment society too, to install a BIg Dish.

with the alignment information from lyngsat.com and other sites , I got Az:102.4E Elev: 26.8 and LNB Skew : - 68.7 ( Minus) using a compass and a protractor i tried to find and adjust the angles. Lately i tried with 180cms prime focus solid dish and combined c band and KU band (universal) LNB. c band has the official presence in india, so i thought if not Ku i can get C band.

yesterday i updated firmware of my receiver from the VTC website, hopefully its got all the setting for Vinsat1 Tps correctly installed.

As per your suggestions i will try with a monoblock LNB and i didnt understand about finding 138E first and moving towards 108E... as I have the direction as 102.4E from Lyngsat.com
Thanks and Regards
Kiran

Add Thank You Reply
[-]
Wednesday 02-May-2012, 00:17,
Firstly i am very thankful for your email Smile and great to find people with such good knowledge and who are ready to share

I never had a experience with a Big Dish so i took the help of DTH guys so that it will be a helping hand and they got a pocket TV too. And this guy is interested in learning new things.

I brought the receiver and LNB (universal) from VTC stores in Vetnam with a 18 months subscription in june 2011 and used to get the signals from Asisat5 using a 90cms Sundirect HD dish until 2 months back.

When the feed moved to Vinasat1 i tried to find the signals and coudnt find them. So as per LNB15K and your experiences i felt confident in finding the signal and brought a 180cms soil dish with a Combined C and Ku band LNB. Vinasat1 C band has a official presence, so i thought if not Ku i can get C band

I got the alignment angles from Lyngsat.com and other sites as Az :102.4E and Elev: 26.8 and LNB skew -68.7 (Minus). I tried to get and adjust the angles of the dish with a compass and a protractor

Yesterday i updated firmware of my receiver from VTC website hopefully its got all the setting for Vinsat1 Tps.

I will try with a monoblock LNB as per ur suggestions and i didnt understand the concept of getting 138E and moving to 108E.... as i have the azimuth as 102.4E

Thanks and Regards
Kiran
Add Thank You Reply
Wednesday 02-May-2012, 12:44,
To easily get Vinasat, first try with 90cms dish along with Mono block as said by MJ. Adjust the skew between 8' O clock and 9' O clock position. Then move the dish to find 138 degrees Telstar. The dish will be nearly Vertical. That satellite has strong signals so easy for you to get. Try any of these frequencies: 12378 H 2222 or 12690 H 43200. Then adjust the skew for maximum quality. After that mark it.

Then move the dish little south and little high. You will get Vinasat. It will be easy if you take the TV and some FTA stb.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to LNB15K for this post:
MJ786, ramkiran, Viki
Thursday 03-May-2012, 20:18,
@ramkiran.. guess after lnb's tips you must surely succeed.
Add Thank You Reply
Saturday 07-July-2012, 11:55,
(Wednesday 02-May-2012, 12:44)lnb15k Wrote: To easily get Vinasat, first try with 90cms dish along with Mono block as said by MJ. Adjust the skew between 8' O clock and 9' O clock position. Then move the dish to find 138 degrees Telstar. The dish will be nearly Vertical. That satellite has strong signals so easy for you to get. Try any of these frequencies: 12378 H 2222 or 12690 H 43200. Then adjust the skew for maximum quality. After that mark it.

Then move the dish little south and little high. You will get Vinasat. It will be easy if you take the TV and some FTA stb.

Hi LNB15K & MJ
I finally got a small TV and time yesterday to find Vinasat1 , i tried with ur suggestions except for "mono block LNB", i tried with normal LNB for about 5 hours from 5pm till 9pm. but coudnt get the signal, for both Telstar and vinasat.

My STB always shows some signal level between 0-100% even without LNB connected, so i was looking for quality. And i couldnt find any quality. or else should i use a signal meter ? will that be of any help?

I want to try with monoblock LNB today, i have 4.3 degree monoblock with single output. will there be any extra settings for it to be configured in STB? will the monoblock will be covering more area in sky?
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ramkiran for this post:
LNB15K
Saturday 07-July-2012, 18:29,
Did you get C band from Vinasat?
Add Thank You Reply
Saturday 07-July-2012, 18:47,
(Saturday 07-July-2012, 18:29)lnb15k Wrote: Did you get C band from Vinasat?

I tried C band few months back with a 6 feet dish, but i couldnt get any signal, may be my setting are wrong, i am very new to this DTH thing.
Add Thank You Reply
Saturday 07-July-2012, 21:20,
If you can tell what you did, we will try to help you to get Vinasat Smile
Add Thank You Reply
Saturday 07-July-2012, 22:12,
(Saturday 07-July-2012, 18:47)ramkiran Wrote:

I tried C band few months back with a 6 feet dish, but i couldnt get any signal, may be my setting are wrong, i am very new to this DTH thing.

which sats you had received on ur 6ft dish till now?
Add Thank You Reply
Sunday 08-July-2012, 01:03,
(Saturday 07-July-2012, 22:12)MJ786 Wrote:
(Saturday 07-July-2012, 18:47)ramkiran Wrote:

which sats you had received on ur 6ft dish till now?

Again tonight i tried with 90cms dish to find Vinasat with mono block & normal LNB from 7pm till 11:30Pm, scanned the sky for about 4 hours with different configurations, i can not find the signal, can even find the telsar too. i guess I need to check the STB functionality.

i tried to find vinasat with 6feet dish few months back on c & Ku bands, but couldnt find, so u suggested me to try with 90cms dish first.
Add Thank You Reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »