JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see the posts in this forum. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see the posts, images and links please enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking FIRST :  Value Prime Pack price increased
Thursday 29-January-2015, 17:33,
RE: Value Prime Pack price increased
(Thursday 29-January-2015, 17:29)MJ786 Wrote:
(Thursday 29-January-2015, 17:07)Shubham Wrote: You are right bro.
But, If any DTH gives 3 to 4 extra channels by increasing pack price by Rs.10, then it will be good deal.
& For your information, NGC people price is Rs.12 pm.
& I don't want to spend such amount for single channel.
Ala carte rates are too high.

OK if a DTH adds 5 - 10 regional channels, suppose Tamil / telugu channels and increase your package cost by 10rs? Then what will be your situation?

I will be unhappy. But, this condition will never occur.
Ask me why?
Add Thank You Reply
[-]
Thursday 29-January-2015, 18:32,
(Thursday 29-January-2015, 17:33)Shubham Wrote: I will be unhappy. But, this condition will never occur.
Ask me why?

I wont ask why Big Grin because i got my answer in your first sentence Smile
Add Thank You Reply
Thursday 29-January-2015, 19:05,
(Thursday 29-January-2015, 18:32)MJ786 Wrote:
(Thursday 29-January-2015, 17:33)Shubham Wrote: I will be unhappy. But, this condition will never occur.
Ask me why?

I wont ask why Big Grin because i got my answer in your first sentence Smile

Read second sentence properly.
Add Thank You Reply
Friday 30-January-2015, 13:09,
(Thursday 29-January-2015, 17:07)Shubham Wrote: You are right bro.
But, If any DTH gives 3 to 4 extra channels by increasing pack price by Rs.10, then it will be good deal.
& For your information, NGC people price is Rs.12 pm.
& I don't want to spend such amount for single channel.
Ala carte rates are too high.

Just an example that I watch only few Tamil channels and few Hindi/English news channels. If they had no packs then if I take Tamil channels even if Sun TV or Vijay TV costs Rs.10 and few other channels for Rs.5, then my total rate will be around 35 or 40rs only for the whole month. But those DTHs have added lots of channels which I am never going to watch and increased the rates to 180rs.

They might have included even UHD channels but no for me no use as I am going to watch only some channels. So asking me to pay increased price for things which I never watch is unfair. It will be good deal for people who watch all those.

DTH used to bundle unpopular channels into the packs because no one is taking those channels as alacarte. They cannot openly admit that Natgeo People don't have takers. So they will tell it is a premium channel and adding it! If it was premium people would have long back itself taken it as Alacarte.

As you watch those channels it is good deal for you. As we don't watch we cry for the increased price.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to amatan for this post:
dayag
Friday 30-January-2015, 14:29,
(Friday 30-January-2015, 13:09)Amatan Wrote: Just an example that I watch only few Tamil channels and few Hindi/English news channels. If they had no packs then if I take Tamil channels even if Sun TV or Vijay TV costs Rs.10 and few other channels for Rs.5, then my total rate will be around 35 or 40rs only for the whole month. But those DTHs have added lots of channels which I am never going to watch and increased the rates to 180rs.

They might have included even UHD channels but no for me no use as I am going to watch only some channels. So asking me to pay increased price for things which I never watch is unfair. It will be good deal for people who watch all those.

DTH used to bundle unpopular channels into the packs because no one is taking those channels as alacarte. They cannot openly admit that Natgeo People don't have takers. So they will tell it is a premium channel and adding it! If it was premium people would have long back itself taken it as Alacarte.

As you watch those channels it is good deal for you. As we don't watch we cry for the increased price.

You are right bro.
But, still No any DTH provides many unpopular channels in 180 rupees pack.
D2h don't provides Channels like Dangal, Big Magic, Enterr 10 & many more in South silver, silver maxi & silver sports packs.
Why?
You knows the prices of such packs are upto Rs.240 pm.
Why they do this?
Not a single Hindi movie channel is available in these packs.
Oh god.
Give such knowledge to d2h.
Add Thank You Reply
Sunday 01-February-2015, 11:26,
The channels you mentioned are Hindi channels and the pack itself named as South and D2H expects less people going to watch Hindi channels in South India. Many people in South know Hindi and watch Hindi channels but they will mostly stick with famous Hindi channels. That might be the reason for not adding those into South packs as D2H can get more money from those people who watch less famous channels.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to amatan for this post:
dayag
Sunday 01-February-2015, 14:21,
(Sunday 01-February-2015, 11:26)Amatan Wrote: The channels you mentioned are Hindi channels and the pack itself named as South and D2H expects less people going to watch Hindi channels in South India. Many people in South know Hindi and watch Hindi channels but they will mostly stick with famous Hindi channels. That might be the reason for not adding those into South packs as D2H can get more money from those people who watch less famous channels.

I know that South peoples watch less Hindi channels.
But, my question is that, why d2h not providing such Carriage fee channels in Silver packs.
Their Silver packages are too costly if we consider channel list.
They still not Providing Free to air channels like Rishtey, DD Bangla, Zee Anmol etc. in silver packs.
Why?
Even people will not watch them.
But, these are Carriage fee free to air channels.
Add Thank You Reply
Sunday 01-February-2015, 15:44,
I guess they will charge carriage fees for the reach of channels. Example.D2H has 1 million South pack subscribers and 2 million North pack subscribers, then if the channel desires to be in both packs then they might have to pay a carriage fee for 3million subscribers and if they chose North pack then they might have to pay for 2 million. May be it is like that?

I am not sure speculating whether the system is like this.
Add Thank You Reply
Sunday 01-February-2015, 16:37,
(Sunday 01-February-2015, 15:44)Amatan Wrote: I guess they will charge carriage fees for the reach of channels. Example.D2H has 1 million South pack subscribers and 2 million North pack subscribers, then if the channel desires to be in both packs then they might have to pay a carriage fee for 3million subscribers and if they chose North pack then they might have to pay for 2 million. May be it is like that?

Do you know, carriage fee is that money, which Broadcasting company/channel gives to DTH for broadcasting their channel in DTH.
So, d2h must give all carriage fee channels in All packs.
Add Thank You Reply
Sunday 01-February-2015, 19:18,
(Sunday 01-February-2015, 16:37)Shubham Wrote:
(Sunday 01-February-2015, 15:44)Amatan Wrote: I guess they will charge carriage fees for the reach of channels. Example.D2H has 1 million South pack subscribers and 2 million North pack subscribers, then if the channel desires to be in both packs then they might have to pay a carriage fee for 3million subscribers and if they chose North pack then they might have to pay for 2 million. May be it is like that?

Do you know, carriage fee is that money, which Broadcasting company/channel gives to DTH for broadcasting their channel in DTH.
So, d2h must give all carriage fee channels in All packs.

I already told what ever you told as an example, so I hope I know. What I was telling there?
Add Thank You Reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Possibly Related Threads...
ThreadAuthorRepliesViewsLast Post
  DH Exclusive: Annual Sports Pack at spcl price HMinfo.in 0 900 Saturday 21-September-2013, 15:21
Last Post: HMinfo.in
  Breaking News: Base pack increased today onwards. & new channels added. sasitnj 5 1,335 Sunday 05-May-2013, 20:31
Last Post: Kiran007
  Breaking News: Base pack increased Rs.175/month. sasitnj 2 750 Wednesday 10-April-2013, 11:46
Last Post: sasitnj
  Breaking News: Airtel DTH south pack price revised people 5 2,056 Wednesday 10-April-2013, 00:25
Last Post: people
  Take any pack for same price offer tsrocks 7 3,685 Sunday 20-November-2011, 12:40
Last Post: Deraj