JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see the posts in this forum. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see the posts, images and links please enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Videocon d2h Q3 FY16 results
Thursday 28-January-2016, 18:15,
RE: Videocon d2h Q3 FY16 results
(Thursday 28-January-2016, 12:00)aumnamonarayana Wrote: So what do u want ? In Rs. 200 u should get 100 HD chs? Prices need to controlled but it cannot become dirt cheap. So much money is involved at various fronts to bring a channel to our homes

These HD or SD channels get bulk revenue from advertisers. News channels gets good revenue from black mailing, paid news etc.,. For what  they are asking us subscription? These are greedy business entities who like to get money in what ever way possible.

Government can easily control the prices. They just need to bring in a clause where by there shall not be any advertisement if it is a Pay/Scrambled channel.

DTH operators are no different. They ask carriage fees to xyz channel and again ask us some money to show the channel! What kind of business is this? Unless government takes some proper measures these people will keep on increasing rates.

Now a days I hardly watch TV and watch most of the content online. Able to chose content without worry and importantly skip ads :Big Grin
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to amatan for this post:
aumnamonarayana, Prateek Marwadi
Thursday 28-January-2016, 18:37,
(Thursday 28-January-2016, 18:15)Amatan Wrote:
(Thursday 28-January-2016, 12:00)aumnamonarayana Wrote: So what do u want ? In Rs. 200 u should get 100 HD chs? Prices need to controlled but it cannot become dirt cheap. So much money is involved at various fronts to bring a channel to our homes

These HD or SD channels get bulk revenue from advertisers. News channels gets good revenue from black mailing, paid news etc.,. For what  they are asking us subscription? These are greedy business entities who like to get money in what ever way possible.

Government can easily control the prices. They just need to bring in a clause where by there shall not be any advertisement if it is a Pay/Scrambled channel.

DTH operators are no different. They ask carriage fees to xyz channel and again ask us some money to show the channel! What kind of business is this? Unless government takes some proper measures these people will keep on increasing rates.

Now a days I hardly watch TV and watch most of the content online. Able to chose content without worry and importantly skip ads :Big Grin

Still most of the news media houses r in loss, there is more investment than the revenue (as per balance sheet, i don't if there is any scam and numbers r false).

In DTH too the investments r high, also 33% of what they earn goes to state and central governments. Id they don't add carriage chs then our bills would be further high.

Its a whole cycle, one thing leads to another and i know that everywhere there must be something dark which leads to another. Ultimately its the common people who suffer.

DTH prices will stabilize soon else already 50% subscribers r deactive and it will further rise
Add Thank You Reply
Thursday 28-January-2016, 18:53,
(Thursday 28-January-2016, 18:37)aumnamonarayana Wrote:
(Thursday 28-January-2016, 18:15)Amatan Wrote:

Still most of the news media houses r in loss, there is more investment than the revenue (as per balance sheet, i don't if there is any scam and numbers r false).

In DTH too the investments r high, also 33% of what they earn goes to state and central governments. Id they don't add carriage chs then our bills would be further high.

Its a whole cycle, one thing leads to another and i know that everywhere there must be something dark which leads to another. Ultimately its the common people who suffer.

DTH prices will stabilize soon else already 50% subscribers r deactive and it will further rise

in morning u said u won't contribute anymore in any forums then y u started again ?  Verysad Verysad

can't u stick to ur words even for a single day ?  Lol Lol
Add Thank You Reply
Thursday 28-January-2016, 19:15,
(Thursday 28-January-2016, 18:15)Amatan Wrote: Government can easily control the prices. They just need to bring in a clause where by there shall not be any advertisement if it is a Pay/Scrambled channel.

As far as i remember during early days when Zee channel started hardly we see any ads.... it was in 90s ... i think there was not much ads when Dish TV DTH too launched... after days gone by i think mainly after the entrance of Star channels   ads began to pour ...
Add Thank You Reply
Thursday 28-January-2016, 19:25,
(Thursday 28-January-2016, 19:15)Mr.Kumarbhai Wrote:
(Thursday 28-January-2016, 18:15)Amatan Wrote: Government can easily control the prices. They just need to bring in a clause where by there shall not be any advertisement if it is a Pay/Scrambled channel.

As far as i remember during early days when Zee channel started hardly we see any ads.... it was in 90s ... i think there was not much ads when Dish TV DTH too launched... after days gone by i think mainly after the entrance of Star channels   ads began to pour ...

then y the hell we are being charged @  much much higher rates ?

in my area we used to pay just 200 rs. for as many as connections to our local cable wala guys.
Add Thank You Reply
Thursday 28-January-2016, 19:26,
(Thursday 28-January-2016, 19:15)Mr.Kumarbhai Wrote:

even hd channels were started like that only.
hd = ad free
but now also they started to show the ads.
Add Thank You Reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Possibly Related Threads...
ThreadAuthorRepliesViewsLast Post
  Breaking News: Videocon d2h adds 0.2 mn net subs in Q2 FY16, operating profit at Rs 191 cr anil g 0 270 Wednesday 21-October-2015, 10:30
Last Post: anil g
  Breaking News: Videocon d2h eyes EBITDA of Rs 820–860 cr in FY16 amid ARPU and subscriber growth anil g 0 177 Wednesday 09-September-2015, 07:42
Last Post: anil g