JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see the posts in this forum. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see the posts, images and links please enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update :  Why DTH is more preferable over Cable
Tuesday 12-February-2013, 13:05,
Why DTH is more preferable over Cable
If you are going for a Set top box then here’s why you should not be looking for cable tv Set Top boxes:
- You will have to buy a Set Top Box from your cable operator, which will be an additional cost. There is no guarantee that you will get your set top box installed in time. They may take days or even maybe a week and sometimes deliberately delay so that they can charge you extra - You will not receive HD set top boxes from your cable operators
- Set top boxes are of inferior quality and they also do not provide warranty. Many have complained about low quality set top boxes in the first phaze of Digitization - Your monthly subscription rates may increase.
- In case your cable operator has been showing pirated movies and unlicensed TV channels, it may no longer be possible for him to do so.
Instead DTH Set Top Boxes will provide:
- Choice of pack with bouquet pricing or pay only for those channels that you select
(for ex: Tata Sky’s Make My Pack service)
- TV beyond viewing with value added interactive services, video on demad (VOD) with around 1000 movies and games - DTH service like Tata Sky offers 1 year warranty on set top boxes
- 24*7 Customer service, hasssle free relocation and reliability that surpass local cable operator’s service
- HD picture quality and recording facility which will offer more convenience to viewers
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to r-k for this post:
S.Raman
Wednesday 13-February-2013, 00:14,
RE: Why DTH is more preferable over Cable
(Tuesday 12-February-2013, 13:05)r-k Wrote: If you are going for a Set top box then here’s why you should not be looking for cable tv Set Top boxes:
- You will have to buy a Set Top Box from your cable operator, which will be an additional cost. There is no guarantee that you will get your set top box installed in time. They may take days or even maybe a week and sometimes deliberately delay so that they can charge you extra - You will not receive HD set top boxes from your cable operators
- Set top boxes are of inferior quality and they also do not provide warranty. Many have complained about low quality set top boxes in the first phaze of Digitization - Your monthly subscription rates may increase.
- In case your cable operator has been showing pirated movies and unlicensed TV channels, it may no longer be possible for him to do so.
Instead DTH Set Top Boxes will provide:
- Choice of pack with bouquet pricing or pay only for those channels that you select
(for ex: Tata Sky’s Make My Pack service)
- TV beyond viewing with value added interactive services, video on demad (VOD) with around 1000 movies and games - DTH service like Tata Sky offers 1 year warranty on set top boxes
- 24*7 Customer service, hasssle free relocation and reliability that surpass local cable operator’s service
- HD picture quality and recording facility which will offer more convenience to viewers
i think u r just forgot to say the following things too...
1.every time u have to pay service charge to the dish antenna installer , when u transfer it.
2.if rainy season, u cannot watch the channels peacefully.
3.if u forgot to recharge the monthly amount, then ur dth box will gone crazy
4.but ur cable guy may get crazy untill he received the monthly payment from the customers Smile
5.if ur dth box got faulty (if even it has 1000 years of warranty period Wink ) then u will loose ur money which was top-upped if for the one year as it will automatically deducted every month -untill u get back ur rectified dth box-it may take one or two months-sorry, its my own personal experience.
6.ur dth provider will also lift or add any channel without notice to the customers and u just can't raise any questions with them, if even ur favorite channels was gone!
7.cable set-top boxes r also having package system in CAS cities
8.now a days lot of HD channels r coming in cable and also the cable guys r planning to deliver the HD set-top boxes with PVR options
9.some cable operators giving good value added services then DTH as "INTERNET+CABLE TV+ TELEPHONE" -i thing its very better than VOD Wink but VOD is also possible very near future in CABLE .,
10. my cable operator's office is located in my area and if i just make a call, then they will come immediately and attending the service, but dth providers if having 24X7 customer care centers , they will sent the technician only after 48 hours(now a days, most of the customer care centers r not having in night times )
11. and one satellite cum dth operator giving very low quality video for mst of the channels except their own channels...
and i have lot more reasons to say as "Why CABLE is more preferable over DTH"
but if any one wants to say "Why DTH is more preferable over Cable"- then its cozed only by two possible reasons...
1.u might be a person from the DTH provider
2.and u r personally affected by ur local cable guy....by the way, which one is true?
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to villain for this post:
S.Raman
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »