JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see the posts in this forum. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see the posts, images and links please enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help solution for rain interruption
Sunday 31-August-2014, 10:59,
RE: solution for rain interruption
thanks, i was just trying to understand/ justify the larger dish benefits. so as per you said above sametime both dishtv (ku) and c band hd not possible. Not that i "need " more hd channels just as a hobby to explore.like a collection hobby
I thought if i invest in this large c band dish then the rain problem will go and also get to explore some more HD content
Add Thank You Reply
[-]
Sunday 31-August-2014, 17:40,
you can do one thing,during rainy season you use larger dish for Ku band and after that for rest of the year you can use cband to just explore . You need to buy Fta stb also while buying dish and lnb
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MJ786 for this post:
mulder
Sunday 31-August-2014, 17:57,
i see in other forum now so many excellent /(unavailable with dth)hd channels now fta, thaicom satellite and other
this idea of exploring beyond the dth looks very interesting to me now.

if some forum expert can write a detailed step by step on how to do this will be very helpful for newbies like me
Add Thank You Reply
Monday 01-September-2014, 08:56,
(Sunday 31-August-2014, 17:57)mulder Wrote: i see in other forum now so many excellent /(unavailable with dth)hd channels now fta, thaicom satellite and other
this idea of exploring beyond the dth looks very interesting to me now.

if some forum expert can write a detailed step by step on how to do this will be very helpful for newbies like me

Step by step for receiving C band? I can explain here.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to amatan for this post:
MJ786, mulder
Monday 01-September-2014, 09:05,
Thanks,i would like to take up the hd channel hunting as a hobby, so if you can suggest the process like what are the components to buy,like suggestion for good quality/ size of dish, satellite receiver
LNB's multiple lnb on a dish etc
and how to set it up it would be very helpful
Add Thank You Reply
Monday 01-September-2014, 09:42,
(Monday 01-September-2014, 09:05)mulder Wrote: Thanks,i would like to take up the hd channel hunting as a hobby, so if you can suggest the process like what are the components to buy,like suggestion for good quality/ size of dish, satellite receiver
LNB's multiple lnb on a dish etc
and how to set it up it would be very helpful

Components needed are:

Atleast 6ft Dish, C Band LNB, Diseqc Switch and HD Free to Air STB. Normal Chinese brand 6ft dish is enough for this purpose and LNB depends on your location. In some areas we need filtered LNBs like Gardiner due to signal interference and in other areas any C band LNB is enough.
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to amatan for this post:
mulder
Monday 01-September-2014, 10:56,
when Amatan - the expert is here why worry
He can not only explain step by step, but can guide and demonstrate more accurately
Add Thank You Reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to MJ786 for this post:
amatan, mulder
Monday 01-September-2014, 15:13,
Ok , coming back to our original issue. I had sent an email to dish tv about this. One guy calls me and tells he can do nothing to solve this problem. Then writes me below mail.

As per our conversation all the required info regarding the non viewing of channels in the bad weather conditions have been provided to youHuh

Dear Subscriber,

Thank you for writing to us.

As per our conversation all the required info regarding the non viewing of channels in the bad weather conditions have been provided to you and thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. We shall certainly take appropriate corrective action.

For any further assistance, please write to us by visiting at -http://www.dishtv.in/email-us.aspx

We value your association and assure you of our commitment to serve you better.

Warm regards,
Dheeraj Kumar
Customer Service
DISHTV
Add Thank You Reply
Monday 01-September-2014, 21:20,
Big Grin Big Grin That is Customer care Big Grin You will solve this problem easily Smile
Add Thank You Reply
Wednesday 03-September-2014, 09:57,
@amatan

before i go buy the 6ft dish and 2 ku lnb, just spoke to a dish technician who installed in my house. he is not sure dish hd box accepts disecq, your suggestion was to use 6ft antenna plus 2 kul lnb for each sat and disecq switch them right?

the dish local tech guy is saying get the antenna in which he can connect the same dishtv'smonoblock lnb, i told him that would be impossible

what do you think about this? is the dish tv guy right? also any suggestion of brand for lnb, i guess if i use one which can provide max signal strength this will help the rain problem further
Add Thank You Reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »