Many know that Aircel is having problems and most of their towers are not working. Below is the procedure to move out of Aircel to Airtel even if there is no signal from Aircel tower.
Aircel Customers can initiate Port Out request by entering on to Bharti Airtel network manually.
- Select Manual Network Search (2G) and select Airtel as the network operator.
- Aircel customers will then start receiving all Incoming SMSs including bank OTPs, online transactions SMSs after entering on to Airtel.
Now you can port of Aircel byt the following method
- Open your message box and type PORT space and your 10-digit mobile number. Here’s an example, suppose your mobile number is 98XXXXX560, they your message should be – PORT 98XXXXX560. Send this message to 1900.
- Once you sent this message, you will get to reverts. Once, for the confirmation that you are willing to port your number and second message will come a few hours later with a Unique Port Code (UPC).
- In case you are porting a prepaid Aircel number to Airtel Prepaid SIM, visit the nearest Airtel store along with your Aadhaar Card and other supporting documents such as address proof.
- Provide your porting code UPC and document to the store. Once you submit all these details, you will get a new Airtel SIM with same number.
- Your Aircel SIM will get deactivated in few hours. After that you can start using your new Airtel SIM.